COST : $15
WHEN : March 7, 2023 at 6:00PM EDT
WHERE: St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 141 S. Potomac St, Hagerstown, MD 21740
WHAT TO BRING
- A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport); if no photo ID is available, two forms of identification, which may include: non-photo ID/driver’s license (some states still have them), birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- your Federal Registration Number (FRN)
- library card
- utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
- Students/minors may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) is NO LONGER PERMITTED!! Please register with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to get a Federal Registration Number (FRN). The FCC now requires VEC’s to submit your FRN number with your license application form. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC’s FAQ page and the FCC’s registration instructions page.
- If applicable, bring a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license, or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website. You may also print out your license information from websites such as ARRL.ORG or QRZ.COM. You may also submit the original and a photcopy of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If the FCC has already issued your license, the CSCE is not needed. Photocopies will not be returned.
- Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
- You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas.
- Cell phones must be silenced or turned off during the exam session; phones' calculator function may not be used.
- Check, money order or cash to cover the $15 ARRL exam session fee. We will not accept the $35 FCC application fee; the FCC will email you with instructions on how and when to pay.
St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
141 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
The next testing session date Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 6:00PM EDT. You may pre-register by contacting the test session organizer, Brian Umbrell, by phone (717-264-6403) or email (email@example.com).